|Bonfire of the Panties|
Season 4, Episode 6
February 8th, 1997
Bonfire of the Panties is the sixth episode of finale season.
Charles notices his father's inability to attract a woman has made him unbearably emotional, and more angry then usual. Cornfed talks with the boys and convinces them to help prepare the ultimate aphrodisiac for Duckman to turn his love life around. They give him a limited amount of the potion, but he quickly replicates it in huge batches. Now he has more woman than he can deal with. Bernice discovers what is going on and demands that he stop. When the real thing occurs between Duckman and actress Courtney Thorne-Smith, no one believes him.
- Episode Title Reference: The novel Bonfire of the Vanities
- The montage of Duckman putting the aphrodisiac to use was originally accompanied by the Barry White song, "Can't Get Enough Of Your Love" (the Taylor Dayne cover, specifically). This was changed to generic music on the DVD version.
- Duckman mentions that he had an Afro in the 70's, which can be seen in the previous episode "From Brad to Worse".
- Duckman mentions to Courtney that in Togo, biscuits are called "duckmen". He says this previously in "Papa Oom M.O.W. M.O.W." to a group of reporters.
- Duckman reveals that he really likes blaxploitation films. A subsequent episode, "Ebony, Baby" is a parody of said films.
- Charles: Let's face it, when it comes to women, Dad's no Larry King. But he used to be able to find someone-- like a woman getting even with a boyfriend, or a nymphomaniac with low standards.
- Mambo: Or that blind, obsessed Seinfeld groupie who thought he was Jason Alexander in a duck suit, but that was two years ago.
- Duckman: You want me to squat and pinch out a red friggin' carpet?
- Cornfed: We felt giving you more than that would be like giving Michael Jackson a drum of peanut oil and some Cub Scouts... allegedly.
- Duckman: And then... whoa, Nellie! And Nellie's roommate.
- Benjamin Franklin: The jig is up-- run, wastebasket, run.
- Duckman: Plus, she's got a pair of huskies that go to the Yukon and back.
- Courtney Thorne-Smith: Duckman, I hope I'm not being too forward...
- Duckman: Trust me, it's your best angle.
- Duckman (to Cornfed):GO AWAY! GO AWAY! LEAVE ME ALONE! JUST GO!