Duckman and Cornfed in Haunted Society Plumbers is the fourteenth episode of season four.
|Duckman and Cornfed in 'Haunted Society Plumbers'|
Episode 14, Season 4
April 19th, 1997
Duckman and Cornfed become plumbers and their first job takes them to a society gathering in a mansion. While not doing his job, Duckman discovers that the cursed "Cheron Stone" is missing; he and Cornfed try to recover the diamond before the hostess discovers the theft. After the diamond is revealed to be missing, its curse comes into play and traps everyone inside.
- This episode was nominated for an Emmy in the catagory of "Outstanding Animated Program (For Programming One Hour Or Less)" in 1997.
- This episode is a sibling episode to The Road to Dendron. However, while that episode parodied Crosby and Hope films, this episode is more similar to Laurel and Hardey or Abbott and Costello. And just like in the aformentioned episode, this episode starts out with movie style credits including several fake ones. The fake ones are:
- Effects: Ashicultumal Light and Magic
- Mrs. Worthington-Ford's Gowns: Edith Head
- Mrs. Worhington-Ford's Hair: Follicals
- Mrs. Worthington-Ford's Left Arm: Arms by Henry
- Mrs. Wothington-Ford's Internal Organs: OrganWorks
- Color by USAColor
- Homer Simpson makes a cameo at the end of the episode, voiced by Dan Castellaneta, and the end credits feature outtakes with Homer flubbing the line "What the hell are you staring at?".
- The doctors from A Room With a Bellevue are at the party and have their clothing stolen by Duckman and Cornfed.
- Mrs. Worthington-Ford's design is re-used from a character with a different name who requested Duckman and Cornfed find her necklace that was caught on her belt loop.
- Cornfed mentions he dated Ivanka Trump last month, fashion designer and daughter of Donald Trump.
- The credits also feature a special thank you to Matt Groening and The Simpsons along with Gracie Films and Fox Broadcasting. Klasky Csupo, one of the companies behind Duckman, did the animation for the first 3 seasons and the first 2 episodes of season 4 of the Simpsons before the animation studio was changed to Film Roman and Rough Draft Studios.
- The director of this episode, Peter Avanzino, would later go on to direct for Matt Greoning's other show, Futurama.
- Duckman and Cornfed are the only main cast members that appear in this episode.
- Ending Tagline: "Do-ee-ew!" - Duckman and Cornfed
"What the hell are you starin' at?"
- –Homer Simpson
"Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again – DWAHHHH!"
- –Duckman after the ghost first appears